October 6, 2009

Cream Cheese Cupcakes

**You can click on the images for a closer view**








I got this recipe originally from my sister...I don't know where she got it from, but they are a BIG hit everywhere they go!!

Cake ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup water
1½ cups flour
½ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp salt
1/3 cup oil (I use olive)
1 Tbsp vanilla

Filling ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar
1 egg
½ tsp salt
1 ¾ cups milk chocolate chips (I use Chipits brand)

Method:
Cream together filling ingredients and stir in chocolate chips...set aside. Put all cake ingredients into mixer and beat well. Fill lined muffin tins half full with cake batter. Top each cupcake (while uncooked) with a heaping Tbsp of filling mixture. Each cupcake will be a little below paper.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes (I find they are usually done after 25 minutes...careful to not overbake them!)

Hints: Top will be slightly golden when done. Do not double recipe. Best made into 18 cupcakes...resist the urge to make fewer than 18 as they will be a little too big. These also freeze well...what a blessing, since it might be dangerous to have too many of them "handy"...if you get my meaning!

6 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Those look delish! Yes, so far I'm really enjoying the fall. Although I could do without so much rain!

Manuela

Camille said...

Yes...rain...well, we know all about that here too! :)

Make sure you have lots of people to share these cupcakes with if you make them...they are frighteningly addictive!

Blessings,
Camille

Shades of Gray (formerly 'The Maine Life') said...

these are best served with a BIG cup of coffee!! i was originally served these for BREAKFAST!!! this recipe came from sara m. (fyi) :) ENJOY!!
Janine

Camille said...

Welcome Janine!

I'm glad you left a comment!! :)

Now breakfast...that is a new one...I had no idea!

Love ya sis!
Camille

Sharon said...

Oooh these look so good Camille! You're making me hungry! thanks for sharing :)

~Sharon

Camille said...

Hi Sharon!

Be careful when you make these...your hubby will ask for more! Make sure you have LOTS of people to feed them to...like at church. :)

Blessings,
Camille