October 16, 2009

Day by Day


**Taken from our front porch a few mornings ago...click to enlarge**


Day by day and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for fear.
He whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what he deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Every day the Lord Himself is near me
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counsellor and Power.
The protection of his child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
"As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,"
This the pledge to me He made.

Help me then in every tribulation
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith's sweet consolation
Offered me within Thy Holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting;
E'er to take, as from a father's hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till I reach the Promised Land.


Carolina V. Sandell-Berg (1832-1903)

10 comments:

Sharon said...

How beautiful Camille!!! Thank you for sharing :) In answer to your question, I did make the pie but must confess I used Pillsbury Pie crust. I have shoulder and back injuries from a car accident and it hurts to roll out dough so I cheat :) It does make things easier :)

Have a blessed day and thank you for being so sweet and encouraging :)

Sharon

Camille said...

Thanks Sharon!

No worries on the pie crust...I have often "cheated" too...but you got it looking so pretty! I don't do those cut-outs...it really is an art!

Have a wonderful day!
In Him,
Camille

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Hi Camille, thank you for all your prayers and encouragement. Thank you also for introducing me to this Hymn. I have never heard it before. I did not grow up with the great hymns, I am determined my children won't be able to say that. I love this one for where I am right now. Thank you. God is so good and so wise, so worthy of our trust.

Camille said...

Michelle ~ I'm so glad it ministered to your heart! I LOVE the old hymns...so rich and full of truths that are deep and real! I am hoping to do a post on another favourite Hymn...and give the story behind its special-ness...soon! Through all your trials I do pray that the Lord would draw you to Himself!
Blessings,
Camille

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh what a pretty cloud filled sky. And, what a beautiful hymn.

Camille said...

Thanks Hip Chick ~ I was just finishing my devotions that morning when I looked out the window and saw those lovely clouds...so beautiful! God's creation is so wonderful!
Blessings,
Camille

Nutmeg said...

How lovely! I used to see sights like this when I lived in a less populated area. How I miss those mornings.

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog! I love "meeting" new friends.

Many blessings,
Amy @ Raising Arrows

Camille said...

Welcome Amy! So nice of you to stop by. Our home is in a normal neighbourhood...I just aimed the camera up...it was a glorious morning. I hope you'll come by to visit again.
Have a wonderful week!
Blessings,
Camille

robert said...

Your blog caught my eye this morning because of the quotation of Lina Sandell's beautiful hymn, "Day by Day." There is a remote connection of the song to today. It is the 75th anniversary of the death of Andrew Skoog, who gave us the English translation. (A bit of trivia for you!)

I also want to commend you for the commitment and effort it takes to home school. If you are in the practice, as some are, of including hymns and hymn history in the curriculum, I invite you to check out my daily blog on the subject, Wordwise Hymns. God bless.

Camille said...

Welcome Robert ~ Thanks for your encouraging words...we are very aware of our need for the Lord in our day to day commitment to bring up our children in the "nurture and admonition of the Lord"...it is something we do not take lightly!

I would be interested in checking out the blog you mentioned, but I could not find it...do you have a specific address you could share?

Blessings,
Camille