October 2, 2009

Dragon Fruit

**Click on the picture for a larger view...take a look at the cutting board...it's my favourite because it was made with love by Austin!**

Emma's little friend from up the street plays here nearly every day after school. Today she brought this piece of fruit with her and I cut it up for the girls to share. It definitely is unique...the skin does conjure up images of dragons in my mind.

Being a true "born and bred" Canadian, dragon fruit is not something I grew up with...in fact, I had never even seen one up until a few years ago. I marvel at the creativeness of our Great God!

6 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I've never seen dragon fruit before. It is beautiful!

So glad you liked the Dutch Baby recipe. My kids liked it so much that we had it twice this week. I only had one pear the second time I made it, so I threw in some diced up summer squash and my kids didn't realize they were eating squash. I'm so sneaky!

Camille said...

Good for you! That was a great idea to throw in some squash...sounds smart not sneaky!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

That is really strange! Unique indeed!

Thanks for your comments on my blog!

Camille said...

Stacie ~ It really is interesting...funny enough...it's nearly tasteless! But the girls enjoyed it. :)

Jen Morton said...

I describe Dragon Fruit as tasting kind of like a mild kiwi fruit. I like them. I don't seem to buy it enough.

Camille said...

Welcome Jennifer! I'm glad you stopped by...this is Jen from fb...right? :) I think it is like kiwi too, but definitely without the "zing"...
Have a great night!
Love, Camille