December 22, 2009

Sentimental Decorations

We have some sentimental decorations around our home that have a special place year after year. This snow-family was purchased quite a few years ago when the children were very little and they delight in it still.


When you enter our home the banister leading up the stairs is always decorated the same way...I am a creature of habit and traditions. My little Emma nearly begged me to get these decorations up as soon as the tree was done. She has taken it upon herself to plug in all the lights each morning...such a little homemaker!


This little candle has a great history! It was about 20 years ago it made its first appearance. We were not yet married and Howie bought it for a date we had one evening at my parents home. We lit it and enjoyed its light for only a few minutes...decorative candles are not really meant to be burned. :) Since then I take it out every year...it now has a tea light candle in its hat...very happy memories indeed!


This tree topper angel was bought for our first married Christmas...we can't bear to put anything else at the top of our tree!


A decoration lovingly made by my (at the time) ten-year-old Austin...it was not a school project ~ just something he created at home for me! :)


These ornaments are precious because they were made by the boys when they were in grade one in the little local Christian school.

Fraser's...


Calvin's...


Austin's...

6 comments:

Christa said...

I love your sentimental decorations, specially the candle that you and your hubby had before you got married.
Merry Christmas from Tennessee my friend.

Waiting for snow,

Christa

Wanting What I Have said...

What precious traditions and memories!

Merry Christmas!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Thanks for giving us a tour of your sentimental ornaments and decorations. I love them all, but especially your tree topper. So vintage looking! My favorite ornaments are the ones with the kid's pictures in them. My step-mom gives us a picture ornament of the kid each year. They are so special!

Thanks for sharing with us!

Love,
Jackie

Nadine said...

Beautiful decorations!

Merry Christmas & God Bless!

Blessings!
~Nadine

Sharon said...

How beautiful Camille! I love decorations and ornaments that have so much meaning behind them :) Something to cherish forever. Thanks for sharing :)

Have a Beautiful and Merry Christmas filled with His abundant blessings!

Love,
Sharon

Camille said...

Christa ~ Oh my goodness...that little snowman candle is too important I fear! :) Merry CHRISTmas from BC dear friend! We wait for snow and usually don't get it!

J ~ Thanks! It is amazing how these little things become full of meaning and lodge in our hearts...have a wonderful CHRISTmas!

Jackie ~ Oh how precious your step Mom gives you those picture ornaments...you will not be able to hold back the tears in a few years ~ at least that's what I am like! I even got emotional over gift tags this year when I was wrapping! Now that is scary!! :)

Nadine ~ Thanks! Merry CHRISTmas to you too! :)

Sharon ~ I trust the Lord will bless you with a wonderful CHRISTmas this year too...thanks for stopping by!

May the Lord bless each of you this CHRISTmas with His peace and presence in your homes.

With Love,
Camille