December 10, 2010

Baking Anyone?

I am not panicking.
I am not worried.
Even though I have not done

A.N.Y.

of the *required* baking for
CHRISTmas.

We are remembering the
REAL Reason
of this precious season
with our children each evening
during our Jesse Tree Devotionals.

We have decorated the tree.
We have (almost) cleaned the house.
We are shopping and wrapping
and enjoying.

B.U.T.

No baking has been done.
Are you in this same boat?
Or am I alone?

If you want a little inspiration...
the following links will get you to some of
our favourite recipes.

ENJOY!

And remember...
less can really be more!
R.E.A.L.L.Y.

And through it all,
Remember HIM!

If you only have time to bake *just one batch* of something...
I would H.I.G.H.L.Y. recommend

Whipped Shortbread!!

A family favourite and a tradition from my childhood days...
they literally melt in your mouth!


Caramel Corn
is
W.O.N.D.E.R.F.U.L.
as a teacher gift or for neighbours...
be sure to save some for your family too! :)


Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
are perfect for the
chocolate people on your list.


Gingersnaps...
F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S!


My Dad always requests Chocolate Log Roll for his
birthday...three days before Christmas.
We plan to have it this year once again ~
it's a tradition!


Another cake that makes its way into our celebrations
is Flourless Chocolate Cake ~
Oh. Dear. Me!
Need I say more?


HAPPY BAKING!!!

Warm CHRISTmas Blessings,
Camille

10 comments:

Hopes Handcrafts said...

YUMMY! I have done NO cooking, cleaning or shopping. But seeing your goodies...is making me want to go bake. EXCEPT it is HOT HOT HOT being summer here in New Zealand. So I'm sewing instead (a gift for someone) :-)

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Camille, I'll take one of each, please! We haven't started baking here either, but will have lots of opportunities to bake once school is done next week... all in good time! Your recipes look delicious... Thanks for sharing!

Cinnamon said...

Yummy!!! We just made Butter Toffee for the first time. Easy and delicious! Also some Soft Molasses cookies, also yummy!!

Your Caramel Corn looks wonderful. we made batches at Thanksgiving to give to our neighbors. Always a treat!

Thank you for sharing~

~Cinnamon

You Can Call Me Jane said...

My baking starts this weekend with lemon bars and caramel corn. You're not alone! Happy Advent, Camille:-).

Justine said...

I have done no baking but this post sure makes me want to! I havent even decorated at all. As for cleaning we are lucky we moved in in October so we dont really have to do all out cleaning. I am going to try some of these recipes tonight though they look divine.
Justine

Nadine said...

Delicious looking goodies!
I have yet to start our Christmas baking. I have a list, just not the motivation yet! :)

Blessings!
~Nadine

Camille said...

Dear Julze ~ I cannot imagine HOT temps at this time of year...so interesting! How fun that you live all the way on the other side of the world from us and we can get to know each other in this blog-world...love it! How wonderful that you are doing handmade gifts...they are the best! :)

Dear Susan ~ It's lovely to hear from you my friend! Life is soooo busy!! Yes, I think when we are done school we will do a little baking too...that's one reason why I am not worried. Another is, we try to keep it simple...otherwise it becomes a burden, and that is never good! And...if I bake too much, I eat too much and that is definitely not good either! :)

Dear Cinnamon ~ Yummy...your baking sounds delish!! How fun to be one of your neighbours!! Do they know how fortunate they are? :)

Dear ThyHand ~ Happy Advent to you too...thank you! Yum...lemon bars...soooo good! If I remember correctly, they are a rare treat around your house...enjoy!! :)

Dear Justine ~ How lovely that you are enjoying a *new* and clean house...what a blessing! I do hope you enjoy the recipes...the shortbread is our favourite! :)

Dear Nadine ~ Ah yes, motivation...where does it go?? I must look for some too! Enjoy these precious days with your children. :)

Merry CHRISTmas to each of you!
May the LORD bless you all!

In His Love,
Camille

Wanting What I Have said...

:) I've got caramel popcorn on our list!

Good for you in -not- panicking, and in remembering the true reason for celebrating!

Tami said...

Oh YUM!!! That whipped shortbread - hmmm...will have to try that one!! And believe me friend, I am soooo into the "less is more" theory. ;o) Haha! But seriously, I love seeing that you are doing the Jesse tree devotionals too! We love it and while much of it is still a bit above the heads of our sweet babes, it blesses my husband and I immensely. And the little ones look forward it each evening. We've never had a daily advent devotional until this year, and I think it's safe to say that it's a tradition we'll keep.
Thank you for the recipes! Seriously, that shortbread is calling my name.
Love to you!!!
Tami

Camille said...

Dear Jenn ~ Yaay for caramel corn! And what a blessing that we are able to celebrate the first coming of our wonderful Saviour...HE is worthy of all our praise. Enjoy the season with your precious family my friend!

Dear Tami ~ Oh the shortbread is one of those *must do* recipes around here...I hope you enjoy them! And how wonderful that you are doing those devotionals too...an advent tradition is precious indeed! I'm so glad you are doing that with your children...they will always remember it! Enjoy these precious days with your sweet family!

Blessings to you both!
In His Love,
Camille