June 4, 2012

Dried Cranberry Cheesecake Muffins

Definitely in the category of *Dessert*...
these muffins are rich and yummy.
I must confess...we had them for breakfast.

Oh. Dear. Me.

The original recipe called for dried cherries.
But, it did say that dried cranberries
would work just as well.



Dried cranberries were what I had on hand, so...
dried cranberries were what I used.  They worked great!

Adapted from the "Brunch Cookbook" by Parragon Books

~ The Ingredients ~

1/4 cup Butter ~ melted
1 pkg Cream Cheese (250g or 8 oz) ~ softened
3/4 cup Sugar
3 large Eggs ~ lightly beaten
2 cups Flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 cup dried Cranberries
(or Cherries, chopped)
Icing Sugar (Confectioner's) for dusting



~ The Method ~

Melt butter and let cool slightly.
In large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese
and sugar, add the eggs one at a time,
then stir in the melted butter.

Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt
and cranberries in a separate bowl.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet
carefully ~ do not over mix.

Line 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
Spoon batter into each cup ~ divide evenly between the twelve cups.
Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 to 20 minutes**
until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.

**I re-baked these to check on the timing.
It took a little more than 20 minutes for mine to be done.


Remove from the oven and dust immediately with icing sugar.
Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to cooling racks.
Serve warm or cooled ~ I like mine warm. :)

Enjoy!
Many Blessings,
Camille

8 comments:

Patty said...

Looks so good! Thanks for remembering the wedding date. All went well and we had a great time. I'm thinking of actually posting some pictures when I get them. That would be a newbie for me. I usually try to keep photos private ~ but I'm considering it. Hope all is well ~ blessings.

Trisha said...

Camille,
This recipe has come at a perfect time. I think I'll whip these up for Ink's homecoming in a few weeks. He loves cheesecake and berry desserts. Thank you so much!!

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds so yummy, Camille. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Jill said...

These look so yummy! :-) I always like trying new recipes! Have a great day Camille! Hope your summer is going well :-)

Blessings,
Jill

Unknown said...

Oh YUM! I'm pinning this recipe so I can remember to make them!

Camille said...

Dear Patty ~ How wonderful to learn that the wedding went so well! I would enjoy viewing your photos if you should decide to post them. It would be fun to *meet* you face to face (as it were). :)

Dear Trisha ~ I do hope you enjoy them! Be sure to bake them until they are golden, I am now trying to remember how long they actually took to cook...I'll have to give them a go one more time to be sure. We will be praying for your Ink today as he travels. :)

Dear Dianna ~ Thank you! They really were a treat, that's for sure! :)

Dear Jill ~ Summer hasn't officially begun for us here in the *North*...but, we are anticipating it greatly! I trust yours will be wonderful too! :)

Dear Jenn ~ By the sounds of things (at your blog), all you need to remember to bake anything is your hubby! LOL! I am going to have to give your recipe a try....those pop tarts sound amazing! :)

Blessings to you all!
With Love,
Camille

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Both mum and I agree that these looks absolutely delicious!! They will need to go in our recipe box. I hope to make them in the near future. Thanks for posting such yummy recipes!

Have a great week!
Love, Tabea

Camille said...

Dear Tabea ~ I thought you would approve! I hope you enjoy them!! I made a little adjustment to the recipe directions...hope it's clear. How can anything go wrong when you are baking with cream cheese? ;-)

Love,
Camille