December 11, 2012

Two Weeks Out

Two Weeks Out.

Christmas is coming, and we are two weeks away.
Preparations are being made everywhere.
They are in full swing in our home too ~ of course.  

A year or two ago, my friend ~
(a homeschool mother of ten) 
gave me an idea.
And, today, I am sharing that idea with you!
You'll thank me for it.  I know you will.

Do you cook a turkey for Christmas?
Or, Thanksgiving.  Or, both?
On the day?  
If so, you know that a big mess ensues
and you know, as well, how quickly the kitchen duties 
can become overwhelming.

In comes the brilliant idea!
Brilliant, I tell you...yes, truly.

Cook your turkey ahead of time ~
Upside down is best.
One more thing about the turkey ~
a fresh, free-run, non-medicated one gives the 
most wonderful meat.

Carve your turkey ahead of time.
Layer in a 9 x 13 pan.
Pour some drippings over all.
Wrap well.  And freeze!

Put your well wrapped pan in the deep freeze
 and forget about it until the day before it's required.
Remove to the fridge the night before you need it ~
Keep it wrapped.

Unwrap on the day and re-wrap with foil only.
Heat in the oven at 350 degrees until steamy hot.
(This will take approximately 30-45 minutes).
The house will smell like freshly cooked turkey ~
But, without the mess.  

No muss.  No fuss.

Do I hear shouts of joy?  I hope so!
Don't thank me...thank my brilliant friend.  
Thank you, brilliant friend ~
You know who you are.  :)

Merry Christmas!

With Love,
Camille

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Camille! lol

Camille said...

Okay...I just got off the phone with you my friend...LOL! I figured my *Anonymous* friend was someone special...and you are! Thank you for your sweet encouragement...I am thankful for YOU! :)

Love,
Camille