January 4, 2013

Slow Down

A theme for the New Year?
A word?  A thought?
Resolutions?

These are all popular notions ~ popular ideas.
I'm not much into making resolutions
of the material sort ~
lose weight, exercise more, etc.
Not that these things are wrong,
I'm just not in the habit of doing it.

But, thought ought to be given routinely
to the direction our lives are going in.
The path on which we tread.
Yes.  Often.  Not just on January first.
And, so, in light of this ~ a thought.

Quietly mulling around in my mind
is this one thought ~ Slow Down.


Slow Down and rest in HIM.
Slow Down to read and meditate in HIS Word.
And, hide it in my heart.
Slow Down in order to 
spend more time with HIM in prayer and quiet.

Slow Down and really live each moment for HIM.
Enter fully into the moments HE gives.
And, invest in the lives HE has given.
Every. Single. Day.

Is that not enough?
What else is there??

May the LORD help me to truly
slow down and live.
For HIS glory.  By HIS grace.
In HIS strength.

"So teach us to number our days,

that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."
~ Psalm 90:12 ~

May the LORD bless each one of you

in this coming year!

With Love,
Camille

8 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great thought and focus for the year. Blessings on your new year my friend!

Lisa said...

Beautiful post, Camille.
I love what you said...
"invest in the lives HE has given.
Every. Single. Day."
We only live each day once,
and only get one chance to raise our children right.
How precious enjoying the moment,
right here, right now, really is.
Praying for a blessed year of peace and rest for your amazing family!
Much love,
Lisa

Nadine said...

Happy New Year my friend!
Love the picture, makes me think of summer with all this gray outside my window today! ;D

Blessings!
~Nadine

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands said...

Dear Camille,
Beautiful words for thought and to apply to our lives. Children grow so quickly, life can change suddenly. May the Lord also help me to slow down and Be Still and Know that He is God has been my prayer the past few weeks.

Love,
Virginia

Camille said...

Dear Lisa (the first to comment) ~ Thank you so much my friend. May the LORD bless you and yours as well. :)

Dear Lisa (the second to comment) ~ How true it is that we pass this way only once...but, how wonderful it is that we are not alone!! Our Great God is so gracious to give us *second chances* over and over and over again! HE is Good! May HE bless you and yours with HIS peace and presence this coming year. :)

Dear Nadine ~ Yes, grey...we are in the same boat my friend. :) I thought the photo was good for the post due to the fact that I referred to the path we are on...I'm glad you approve. Ah...spring...it will come again!!

Dear Virginia ~ How precious it is to belong to HIM! Thank you, as always, for your sweet and encouraging words. :)

Many Blessings,
Camille

Cinnamon said...

Slow down...I like that. Enjoy. Live. Love. Share. Breathe deeply. All such wonderful activities to occupy a soul.

~Cinnamon

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Yes! I've really worked on this all last year and the fruit of it is starting to pay off as our family is having more down time just do fun things around the home. We are playing a lot more games and reading as a family much more. My goal is now not to fill up the calendar, but to try to keep it as clear as I can. It is a great feeling!

Camille said...

Dear Cinnamon ~ What a lovely comment. Just like a blog post...so beautiful! Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a thoughtful note. :)

Dear Jackie ~ Oh, I hear you on clearing the calendar!! It is a good feeling...liberating too! Enjoy your precious family times...they fly by so quickly!! :)

Many Blessings,
Camille