February 26, 2014

Someone Famous?

We live in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver.
My brother was privileged to drive some of the executives of 
team USA to and from the various venues as part of his job at the time. 

As a perk, he was given some free stuff.
And, since we are related, and, since he is such a great brother
he shared some of it with us.  See?  I told you he was sweet.  :)

One of the items we were given was an 
official Olympic team USA jacket.
It's warm and cosy ~ I've mostly claimed it for my own.


The last few days, I have been wearing it on errands.
And, twice...twice!...I've been asked if I had been a competitor,
or, if I were someone famous from the last Olympics.  Dear me.

I do tell the truth, and briefly inform the one inquiring
how I came to be in possession of it.
But, somehow, I feel a little fraudulent when I wear it.  :)

What about you?  

Would you wear it or keep it hidden in your closet?
What would you say if you were mistaken for being someone famous?
(I do sincerely hope the answer to that last question 
is that you would tell the truth)!  I am sure that you would.  ;-)

Have a happy day!

Camille

11 comments:

little sis said...

Yes I would tell the truth. I am always telling someone when they compliment me on an article of clothing where I got it and how inexpensive it was (terrible habit of mine). I love a deal though especially when I can get something for 75% off or more. Have a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That jacket is too cool! And I would definitely wear it out and about, especially if it is warm and comfortable. :)

Stephanie said...

Definitely tell the truth :) The jacket is fabulous and I can see why you enjoy wearing it. Hugs and blessings!

Camille said...

Dear Leanna ~ That's one thing I like about your country...the sales! We rarely have 75% sales here...if ever! Yippee for a great find! :)

Dear Anonymous ~ I think it's fun as well...thank you for your vote! :)

Dear Stephanie ~ I agree...telling the truth is always best. Thank you for your sweet compliment. :)

Many Blessings,
Camille

Schwarzen Family Missions/To Sow a Seed said...

I would wear it! It's a great story & fun conversation piece.

Linda said...

Very nice jacket! I would love to wear it out! I too would tell the truth-honesty is always best.
Love and hugs.

Unknown said...

LOL! Well, definitely the truth! But, I think it is great that people are asking if you competed!

Camille said...

Dear Heather ~ Yes, I would agree. Thank you for a positive vote for wearing it...I really like to! :)

Dear Linda ~ I agree...honesty is always best! I'm glad you would wear it as well...it seems that is the consensus among all of you...yippee! :)

Dear Jenny ~ Too funny...my brother thought I might pass as one of the members of the bob-sled team...LOL! :)

Many Blessings,
Camille

Wanting What I Have said...

Haha. That's awesome, Camille! You could certainly have fun with it when people ask you...lol...but I agree-tell them how it became yours. But man-you must be in great shape for people to be asking! ;)

Lois said...

Wear it! Actually, the story itself is fascinating. Just laugh and say, "I often get mistaken for an Olympic athlete!" Then you can tell the story if necessary. I definitely don't think wearing it would be displaying false pretenses. People wear sports gear all the time, and I never mistake them for LaBron James!

Camille said...

Dear Jennifer ~ It's a very big jacket...men's size XL, I believe...it swamps me...so, they cannot tell I am not in Olympian shape. Otherwise, I am sure no one would ask. :)

Dear Lois ~ Thank you for your vote my friend...I am glad you think I should wear it. As for being mistaken for an athlete...it makes me smile every time. :)

Many Blessings,
Camille