April 22, 2014

Easy Drop Cheese Biscuits

Cheese biscuits are an easy (and yummy)
side to go with soup or stew.
So quick to whip up.  No counter to clean.
Less than 20 minutes from start to finish.

How can you go wrong?


Originally found in a Company's Coming Cookbook ~
Altered and adjusted by moi. 

2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp Sugar (I use organic dehydrated cane juice)
4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
2 cups Medium Cheddar Cheese ~ shredded
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup Whole Milk (or any milk you like)

Measure all dry ingredients and cheese into large bowl.
Mix together well and pour the olive oil and milk in at once.
Stir quickly to incorporate the wet ingredients into the
dry ingredients until just moistened.  Don't over mix!
Drop by heaping soup spoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheet.


Bake at 425 degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes.
They will be lightly golden on the edges when they are done.
Makes 11 or 12 large biscuits.

Happy Baking!
Many Blessings, Camille

10 comments:

Cinnamon said...

Oh those do look yummy! We love biscuits in this house with sausage gravy dripped all over them.

These look like they would be wonderful eaten alone :-)

~Cinnamon

Patty said...

It has been a few days since I have stopped by so I read over your last several post to catch up. It is always a blessing to stop by and read what you share. I pray that your week be filled with God's blessings and care.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

My mouth is watering! These look so easy and delicious. I'm going to make these soon!

Wanting What I Have said...

Camille! This is brilliant!!! I'm always on the lookout for a quick bread side for the kids-something I can whip up without rise times, etc. Thanks for sharing!!! :)

Unknown said...

YUM!!! My boys love biscuits!

Sandy said...

Dear Camille,
I'll be baking these S.O.O.N.! Love cheese biscuits. BTW, I tried your Adaptable Blondies' recipe, oh boy, they were soooo good!! It was wise that I shared...b/c I could have eaten the whole plate myself! Thanks for sharing. :)
Hugs.
In God's Blessings,
Sandy

Camille said...

Dear Cinnamon ~ Now, that sounds good! :)

Dear Patty ~ You are a sweet blessing to me...you know that? :)

Dear Jackie ~ I hope you like them. :)

Dear Jennifer ~ Yes...fill those tummies up! :)

Dear Jenny ~ Of course they do...they are boys! :)

Dear Sandy ~ Aww...you make me smile. So glad you are enjoying the recipes...and, yes...the blondies are too scary! :)

With love,
Camille

Heather said...

Those look Yummy thanks for sharing ~Heather :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I made these last night with whole wheat pastry flour and sucanat for the sweetener. They were a hit! So easy, too. Thanks for the recipe. It just went into my keeper folder. Bless you!

Camille said...

Dear Heather ~ I hope you enjoy them! :)

Dear Jackie ~ Yaay, and Yippee!! So glad you liked them! :)

Many Blessings,
Camille