March 8, 2015

Just One Month

Many years ago, in my imagination, 
I jumped ahead to this very day.

This day when I would become Mama to four teens.
Emma was born exactly one month prior to Austin's seventh birthday.
It didn't take me long to realise that for just one month in my mothering career
 we would have four teenagers in our home.

That day has arrived.  It's here.


Emma is thirteen.  Austin is in heaven.

I am still Mama to four teenagers.  They just don't all live with us here.
This is not how I imagined it would be.  It is not what I would have chosen.
But, it was chosen by the Hand of our Loving Heavenly Father.
All of this was planned out from before time began.

And, God is good.  All the time.


My plans often are not His.  But, His plans are always right.
May He help us to submit to the twists and turns that He brings.
May we never charge Him foolishly.  He is the Potter.  We are the clay.
We exist to bring glory to His Name.  Now and forever.

"...the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away;
blessed be the name of the LORD."  Job 1:21b

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to His purpose."  Romans 8:28

This is the life He has called us to.  And, it is good.

With Love, Camille

12 comments:

Cinnamon said...

What precious photos Camille ♥

Happy 13th Birthday to Emma! We have a girlie that just turned 13 too :-) Such a fun age.

Hugs~ Cinnamon

Anonymous said...

We have four teenagers too! I am sure that moments like these are not easy. Happy Birthday to your Emma though.

Hopes Handcrafts said...

aww..Happy 13th Birthday to Emma...and what a wonderful blessing she is to her family! I look forward to seeing photos of her on her special day xo

Esther said...

Happy Birthday Emma! I think it wasn't too long after that picture was taken that I met you. I remember sitting with you in the nursery with our babies. Mine will be 13 next month! I also remember your three little boys in their matching sweaters. So sweet! I am so glad the Lord brought our families together.

Pam said...

You have a beautiful family Camille; then and now.

I was thinking how Our Father is "at work in us both to "will" and to "do" His good pleasure" (Phili 2:13), for which I am very thankful; because He even helps me to "will" to do His "will". Which I do truly want to do; but struggle to do. It is thought provoking and comforting to me that He knows we need his help for it all. Much love and many blessings to you.
Pam

Stephanie said...

Bless your heart, dear Camille! You are a woman of strength and beauty, conviction and wisdom...a woman full of love. I admire you and your heart for our precious Savior. May He continue to use you in a mighty way...He has used you in my life!

Happy Birthday to your precious daughter. Hugs!

Camille said...

Dear Cinnamon ~ Thank you for the birthday wishes for Emma. Please extend ours to your new teenager, too. :)

Dear Nikki ~ Life is a mixture of joy and sorrow...all at once very often. How good our Great God is. Thank you for your kind words. :)

Dear Julia ~ Thank you so much my friend. Hugs to you! :)

Dear Esther ~ SO glad we were brought together, too. Hugs all around. :)

Dear Pam ~ Beautiful words my sweet friend...thank you for your encouragement in those things that really matter. :)

Dear Stephanie ~ Thank you for your kind words my sweet friend. As Spurgeon reminded in a recent devotional reading of his, anything good in us is 100% because of the Lord's work. It's all of Him! How precious it is to remember these things. :)

With love,
Camille

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Emma! Praying for you and your family for strength for this coming month. I pray that I show the same strength and courage you do in accepting God's will for my life in dealing with the progression of my MS. I am struggling a bit again as the reality settles in more deeply. Thank you for the encouragement.

Camille said...

Dear Angela ~ So sorry you are facing these challenging days! Emma and I prayed for you just after reading this update. May the Lord continue to give much grace and strength. With Love, Camille

Lisa said...

You are such a beautiful mama, my friend! Grateful for your encouragement and strength. We are SO looking forward to the next few years when we will have a house full of teenagers too :)

Camille said...

Dear Lisa ~ What a blessing you are to us! And, yes...a houseful of teenagers is a very good thing. With Love, Camille

His bondservant said...

What a precious family and a precious post. Happy belated birthday to your sweet Emma! She is lovely!