November 3, 2009

Woods Walk

We began our "woods walk" today at my brother's house
(at the beach...where we can park for free)
and then went UP...



.....AND UP!!! 
If you click on this picture (below) 
you will see who is WAY out in front...
gotta keep up with those boys! :)


And from "UP"...
looking DOWN...WAY DOWN...
to where we had begun!


Emma found some flowers (at the edge of someone's driveway) 
and picked them for me...I was too far away to keep her from doing it...
they were NOT of the wild variety!  But SO sweet!!



DOWN into the ravine where the woods are...





Out of the woods back onto the street where my brother lives...
sea level once again!  Look at Emma and Fraser...
I actually caught them IN THE AIR!! 
That was a surprise as I just "clicked" while they were running 
to catch up with the others.


Homeward bound! 
It's on days like this that we really appreciate the milder climate of the 
Pacific Northwest...blessings upon blessings. 
Soon we will be in the wet days of winter...we will enjoy this while it lasts!


**All the pictures are "clickable"**

With love, Camille

11 comments:

Nadine said...

What a nice walk...a beautiful day for it! It is suppose to be nice down here in Washington tomorrow so we might go for a walk on a trail near our home!
Thank you for sharing your walk with us!

Blessings!
~Nadine

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Your daughter is as pretty as those flowers. What a fun time you all had. Beautiful pictures!

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos. I especially like the one of Emma's hands wrapped around the flower.

Looks like you had a wonderful family day!

Wanting What I Have said...

Ok, how FUN is that? What a gorgeous view! And time with your children. How wonderful!

I love that Emma picked those flowers for you...so sweet! {and I'm laughing as I recall mine picking flowers of the same variety...planted by someone else! :) }

Great pic of them in the air!

Heather said...

Oh, that's too funny! What little girl doesn't pick "off limits" flowers? Looove the view in your photos! Looks like a great place somewhere in Canada but must be far from me since I don't recognize it :)

Camille said...

Nadine ~ We are so blessed to be able to do PE like this! Hope you get a lovely walk in tomorrow!

Jackie ~ Thanks for your sweet comment! We are thankful for these special days...they soon will be behind us!

Jenn ~ We try to get out for a bit of exercise before the math, etc...such blessings!

J ~ These are some of the benefits of homeschool...no pressure or anything! ;-)

Heather ~ We are in BC...come visit sometime! :)

Blessings,
Camille

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Makes me wish I could walk distances again! I used to be a runner, till knee problems got the best of me. Now I am fortunate if I can walk up and down the stairs more than twice a day!
Let me know how the curry and the naan turn out for you! We loved it!

Heather said...

Camille, you are a blessing to me :)

Sharon said...

Good Morning Camille :)

What a great walk! I love the photos :) That was so sweet of Emma:) I agree with Jenn, that photo is beautiful!

have a great day Camille!

Sharon

Lady Farmer said...

Hi Camille!
My computer is cooperating today so I can finally comment! :~D
Gentleman Farmer and I just went on a 'woods walk' the other day! I love walking there in every season ~ something new every time! What a great way for you to have PE.
Your pictures are so nice and I love the one with the kids in mid air! Great timing!
Blessings!

Camille said...

Cindy ~ I can't wait to try that curry and naan bread...I will let you know when I make it and what we think. :)

Heather ~ I have been blessed by visiting you! :)

Sharon ~ I really feel blessed...I just wish those flowers had been legitimately picked...but she really didn't know! :)

Welcome Lady Farmer! I'm so glad you stopped by! The mid-air picture had nothing to do with timing...it was purely "accidental" as I was taking the picture into the sun and couldn't see! :) We are so thankful that the Lord has given us these special times with our children...the days will soon be behind us and we are so conscious of that!

Blessings to you all!
Camille