August 31, 2009

Contentment

"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content." I Timothy 6:6-8

Contentment...do you struggle with this one? It seems when we feel perfectly content we are challenged, we are "attacked", or someone comes along who has (or seems to have) more. What are we to do? Be thankful, for starters...a good place to begin. I have found this to be a great way to combat discontentedness. Thank God for everything you can think of that He has blessed you with.

I am aware of a godly middle aged man who has never walked, has rarely (if ever) left his bed, and yet he is content! It puts me to shame whenever I think of all that we enjoy physically, not to mention all our many other blessings, and this man is thankful for so many things that I take for granted. Begin with thankfulness...you may be surprised how it will affect you.

No comments: