February 4, 2016

Hope and Where to Find It

It was a shock to us all.  Perhaps most of all, to Austin.
Just imagine asking for a little more rest, and waking up in heaven!
We have found ourselves contemplating what his reaction was.

It makes us smile to think of it.

It truly is a wonderful thing to consider.  Amazing, really.
But, for those of us left behind, it can be difficult to navigate.
The waters of grief can threaten to overflow and pull us under.
We must fight to keep our heads above water.

Not easy to do.  But, definitely worth the fight.

So, how do we carry on?  Where do we go for comfort?
What keeps us grounded and sane in the midst of grief?
Who is our greatest support throughout it all?
What do we fill our hearts and minds with when we feel overwhelmed?


The way to navigate these waters is with the Lord.  With His Word and with His people.
We seek to soak our hearts in passages of Scripture that fortify our souls.
We love I Thessalonians 4:13-18 and I Corinthians 15, in particular.
Psalm 139 reveals that even before we were born, all our days were fashioned for us.

Isn't that the most incredible thing to ponder?

It is a discipline to constantly redirect our gaze on eternal things.
To fill our hearts with Truth is necessary and good.
It doesn't come easy.  But, it is a battle which must be fought.
By God's great grace, it is a battle we keep on fighting.

Whatever it is you may be facing, may you be found filling up your
hearts and minds with Truth.  It truly is the only way forward.
The only way to keep from sinking in despair.  The only way to survive.
One step at a time.  With eyes firmly fixed on the eternal.

After all is said and done, the eternal things
will be seen for what they really are.  The real things, after all.

With Love, Camille

*Image in this post courtesy of Emma ~
Thank you my love XO

11 comments:

Sandy said...

What a great reminder, Camille. I am so encouraged by your post today. Yes we must look to the LORD.
Hugs to you my dear friend!
Sandy

Patty said...

How true. He is indeed our hope for each day. Even when we feel like we are barely hanging in there. I hope you have a wonderful weekend in the Lord!

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Thanks for sharing your thought provoking words. In this world, in which we live, is a struggle..to keep our minds on the Lord. So much love and prayers to you as you go through your loss. Daily. I'm sure it still hurts. I can only imagine, my friend. Hugs!

Camille said...

Sandy ~ It's a blessing to my heart that you were encouraged my friend. Love to you! :)

Patty ~ Where would we be without Him? May the Lord bless you each day! Hugs. :)

Becky ~ Yes, it's with us always...but, so is the Lord! Thank you SO much for praying...you bless my heart. Hugs to you! :)

With love,
Camille

Pam said...

You are a testimony of hope for all of us Camille. And this is a precious post. I am comforted when I realize that all of our days are written in His book. It truly is a reminder that we can trust Him. Yes the eternal things really are the real things. The longer I live the more real those eternal things are to me. Thanks for the post. Have a lovely week.
Love and Blessings,
Pam

Camille said...

Pam ~ Your words blessed my heart...thank you for always being such a sweet encouragement!! Truly, it is a wonderful thing to belong to our Great God. He is so good to us, isn't He? Hugs to you my sweet friend. With Love, Camille

Katy said...

Beautifully written Camille and so, so true! May our focus *always* be on Him and the eternal. :)

Camille said...

Katy ~ How much better it is when we have our hearts fixed on the eternal. Thank you for your kind words. Hugs to you my friend! With Love, Camille

Linda said...

Sweet Camille-A beautiful reminder. You have truly blessed my heart as I read your post.
You are an inspiration and I am keeping you in my prayers and your precious family.
Much love,prayers and blessings.

Maryann said...

Encouraging words with much truth, keeping focused on eternity will give us hope for today.
Love and Blessings,
Maryann

Camille said...

Linda ~ I am so glad you were blessed by your visit here. Thank you SO much for praying for us!! How wonderful it is to belong to the family of our Great God! Hugs. :)

Maryann ~ Ah, yes...you are so right, sweet friend...hope for today is found in proper perspective of the eternal things. Hugs to you! :)

With Love,
Camille