August 28, 2010

Be Still and Know...

Do you KNOW the Living God?
Is HE your Saviour?

This Psalm and its promises belong to the Christian!
THAT's AMAZING news!!

I would encourage you to take the time to really
let the words of this Psalm sink deep into your soul ~
It is GLORIOUS!

The LORD recently drew our attention to this
precious passage of Scripture in a fresh way ~
just as a trial was coming along.

Oh. The. Joy.
there is in KNOWING
our Great and WONDERFUL God!
HE is the ONE that sustains us and
gives us grace day by day!

Fortify yourself in the Word of God.
HE is Great and Mighty and Powerful on our behalf!
How blessed we are to belong to HIM!


~ Psalm 46 ~

God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.

Therefore will we not fear,
though the earth be removed,
and though the mountains be
carried into the midst of the sea;

Though the waters thereof roar
and be troubled,
though the mountains shake
with the swelling thereof.
Selah.

There is a river,
the streams whereof shall make glad
the city of God,
the holy place of the tabernacles
of the most High.

God is in the midst of her;
she shall not be moved:
God shall help her,
and that right early.


The heathen raged,
the kingdoms were moved:
he uttered his voice,
the earth melted.

The LORD of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our refuge.

Selah.

Come, behold the works of the LORD,
what desolations he hath made in the earth.

He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth;
he breaketh the bow,
and cutteth the spear in sunder;
he burneth the chariot in the fire.

Be still, and know that I am God:
I will be exalted among the heathen,
I will be exalted in the earth.

The LORD of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our refuge.

Holy Bible
**Emphasis mine**

6 comments:

Christa said...

The Lord really is my refuge and my strength these days and I'm so glad He called me to be His. I am so undeserving of His grace and mercy.
Thank you so much for encouraging all of us in the Lord today.
I hope you have a wonderful Lord's day tomorrow.

Cozy Tennessee blessings,

Christa

Camille said...

Dear Christa ~ It's lovely to hear from you! May the LORD bless you on HIS day tomorrow as well. How precious to belong to HIM...I agree! How thankful I am that HE saved me too! You are a blessing to me...thank you for your friendship. :)

In His Love,
Camille

Intentional Living Homestead said...

The Lord truly is my refuge...especially during this time in our lives.

Thank you for sharing...so needed for today...sigh!

Camille said...

Dear Treasures ~ Praying for you today! Keep looking to HIM...HE will carry you through and do ALL things well! See Romans 8:28, Psalm 138:8 and Jeremiah 29:11-14.

Blessings,
Camille

Heather said...

You can sing and read and hear about God being your refuge and strength and still not actually understand this fully until you NEED Him to be that for you! We need it everyday just to breathe, but what I mean is that DESPERATE need to-face-another-day kind of refuge. I'm so thankful I know the One who gives me hope and a future!

Camille said...

Oh Heather...how TRUE your words are! How GREAT our God is! How WONDERFUL to seek refuge in HIM! :)

Thank you for taking the time to share your heart here...it is beautiful and encouraging.

With Love,
Camille