February 11, 2011

The Solid Rock

I have been singing/humming this around the house today.
The LORD Jesus Christ really is everything.
HE is my everything.
No one can possibly replace HIM.
How precious it is to belong to HIM!

Whatever it is you face...
Whatever trials you find yourself in...
Whatever disappointments you have known...
HE alone is Worthy of all your praise and trust.

HE is able to save you utterly
and cast away your sin forever
.

Come to HIM as you are,
find your ALL in HIM,
and these words will be true for you too!

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me;
and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."
~ John 6:37 ~


~ The Solid Rock ~

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

Refrain:
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

~ Refrain ~

His oath, His covenant, his blood,
Support me in the 'whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

~ Refrain ~

Edward Mote (1797-1874)

12 comments:

Terri said...

You have no idea how much I needed to read this today! Thank you. He is everything, and the rock we can always count on.. no matter how strong the waves are all around! "He then is all my hope and stay!" :)

Heather said...

What a gorgeous hunk of creation!
I love this hymn, Camille. It's only when you've known some shaky times that you can truly understand how amazing the solidity of that Rock is!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Beautiful song, Camille! I was raised Catholic, and we sang VERY few hymns at mass. Maybe one? Sadly, I did not grow up knowing most of the wonderful classics. It wasn't till I got born again in 1978 that I heard them. And even then not too many as we were in a contemporary full gospel church. I love going thru an old hymn book that I have and just reading page after page...

In His grace,
Cindy

Dianna said...

Such a beautifully written post, Camille...so tenderly shared is the reminder that what comes to us is because He's allowed it...and that He has not left us, but is in the midst of our trials.

Have thought of you so much the last couple of days. I pray you have a wonderful weekend with your sweet family.

Blessings to you, sweet friend,
Dianna

Camille said...

Dear Terri ~ How precious HE is! I am praying for you my friend! :)

Dear Heather ~ How true...it's in the trials and troubles of life that we learn more of HIM and HIS love for us! I wouldn't trade any of the difficulties we have faced...HE has used them to drive us to our knees...what a blessing! :)

Dear Cindy ~ How precious that HE saved you!! How wonderful that you have an old hymnbook in your posession...the old hymns are so full of TRUTH! Many rich blessings are to be found in those words of godly men and women of the past. :)

Dear Dianna ~ I know you have been learning much of these truths in your own life...isn't our Great God WONDERFUL?? How precious to think you have been praying for me! Thank you for your sweet friendship...it brings joy to my heart. :)

Many blessings to you each one!
In His Love,
Camille

Unknown said...

I just love this song! One of my favorites!

Camille said...

Welcome Emily! ~ Aren't the old hymns just wonderful? :)

Many blessings,
Camille

Farmgirl said...

Well, guess what hymn will be going through my mind today after reading your post? Thanks Camille - such truth in they words of the great hymns!

Lisa said...

Hello Camille! Thank you for stopping by the other day. I appreciated your comment. I really like your site, and will be returning! Thank you for sharing the hymn. It has always been one of my favorites!

Camille said...

Dear Heather ~ Well...I'm glad! Now we both will be singing it! :)

Welcome Lisa! ~ It's lovely to *meet* you. How wonderful the old hymns are...what a rich heritage we have! :)

Many blessings,
Camille

Lois said...

I love the hymns, which I grew up on as the daughter of a Methodist minister. It is hard to find a church that uses hymns AND has good theology. I'm enjoying a book right now that you may like. It's Amazing Grace by Kenneth Osbeck. It's a collection of hymn stories. He has other books as well, and I find this makes a great devotional for myself, or for the family. Blessings to you for sharing these great words.

Camille said...

Dear Lois ~ How rich the hymns are! I agree with you on the hymn-singing and good theology comment. How difficult these days are!! May the LORD help us to serve HIM in spirit and in truth! I know of the book you mentioned...we had a copy of it at one time and do have the second one in that series...very interesting to read the stories behind the hymns, isn't it? Thanks for sharing! :)

Many blessings to you!
Camille