May 22, 2013

Slow and Steady ~ An Update

The progress with Austin has been slow and steady.
Two steps forward and one step back at times, or so it would seem.
It's been quite a journey and one in which we find ourselves
looking to the Lord each step of the way ~ a good thing, really.
Isn't that how we always ought to live?
Day by day.  Moment by moment.  Step by step.

Yes, I believe it is.  

As a Christian, it's through these sorts of situations 
that we are taught this valuable lesson.
We will learn it until the day we go to be with our Saviour.
We will not arrive until we close our eyes in death.
How precious it is to know that He knows.
To know that He cares.  To know that He will carry us through.

Since our recent low point with Austin
two months ago, he has gained 18 pounds.
He now weighs in at 110 ~ he's nearly six feet tall.
Obviously, he is still underweight, but far better off than he was.
Needless to say, we were very concerned when his weight plummeted.

It was absolutely terrifying.

We prayed and asked the Lord what to do next and we waited.
A few days later Howie had a business meeting ~
the business person discovered some of our story
and loaned us a book which I subsequently devoured.
We were desperate and felt that the suggestion of
an elemental diet was the next step to take.
That's what we've been doing.

Austin was able to tolerate and receive the nutrition.
Day after day he grew stronger ~ very, very slowly.
His weight inched up ounce by ounce.
It's been an uphill battle these last two months.
There have been good days and bad ones,
but, overall the good outweighs the bad.

What a blessing.

The road ahead is still a long one.
We must battle through one day at a time.
We know that wherever this road leads the Lord walks it with us.
He goes before us.  We have nothing to fear.
He has proven to be Faithful over and over and over again.

Currently, Austin continues to put on weight ~ however, 
he is growing weary of the way in which he must nourish his body.
It's not for the faint of heart or weak in spirit, that's for sure!

We so covet the prayers of God's people.
We are thankful for each one of you who has
written and inquired and prayed ~ you are a blessing!
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
May the Lord's will continually be done.
May He give us the grace we need to seek Him first.

With Love,
Camille


8 comments:

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Even though I have never met you all I can truly say that I love your sweet family. You are my sisters and brothers and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Trisha said...

So glad to hear about this weight gain! What a blessing! We continue to pray for all of you. God is good, and I thank Him with you for all of the mercies He's pouring out on your family daily. I love you, Camille.

Hopes Handcrafts said...

Isn't God an amazingly Present Help in times of need?! I'm so glad He provided that book for you to read Camille and He will continue to sustain you (and us) as You (we) seek His Face.. Praise the Lord!

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands said...

Dear Camille,
Your book was a "Divine Appointment". May the Lord continue to show you the way to Austin's optimal health.

Unknown said...

Praying for Austin and this new way of putting on weight. I can only imagine how weary of it he may be getting. I will continue to pray for God's strength to sustain him and carry him. Praying for you, too, my precious friend!

Camille said...

Jane ~ What a sweet friend you are...thank you! God is Good. :)

Trisha ~ You are a blessing to me...you know that, right? Love you. :)

Julia ~ Thank you for praising HIM with us my friend...I am thankful for you. Hugs. :)

Virginia ~ Yes, indeed...the Lord guides us all in such beautiful ways. He is wonderful! Thank you for rejoicing with us. Hugs to you. :)

Jenn ~ Thank you my sweet friend. You bless my heart. Love you. :)

With love,
Camille

Jill said...

I truly hope all continues to go well with Austin, I think of him a lot especially with my recent diagnosis and lack of answers from drs. I'm doing a lot of research on my own trying to figure things out. It is definitely scary. Please pass a big hug to him from me and let him know I am thinking of him.

Many blessings
Jill

Camille said...

Jill ~ Thank you so much for your kind words and sweet friendship. I am praying for you, too. Hugs to you. :)

Blessings,
Camille