June 19, 2015

Small

Way out in the middle of the prairie, or, looking down from 30,000 feet
while flying in a plane, we find ourselves impressed with the fact that we are small.
From space, the world looks like a marble and we are smaller still.

Perspective is a good thing.

The longer I live this life, the more I like (and embrace)
the idea of being small.  Not in the physical sense.
Rather, in the greater-scheme-of-things sense.

In light of the greatness of God.
And eternity.  Small.

It helps to ponder eternal things and fill up our hearts with them.
To reflect on His redemptive work.  His perfect plan.
At the end of it all, these are the things that matter most.


So, I am seeking in this life to embrace the smallness of me
and the greatness of Him.  Less of me.  More of Him.
"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21
He is the only One worth living or dying for.

"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God and the Father by him."  Colossians 3:17

May we be found living our lives for Him.  For His glory alone.
Only made possible by His grace and in His strength.  Through His enabling.
Moment by moment, day after day, until He calls us to our eternal Home.
And, that will be gain to us.  If we belong to Him, the best is yet to come!

With Love,
Camille

4 comments:

Esther said...

He must increase, but I must decrease. John 3:30

This popped into my head while I was reading your post. So true and thank you for sharing.

Camille said...

Esther ~ Yes, you are right my friend...what a perfect verse to add! May the Lord bless you all this week in all your adventures. Hugs, Camille

Pam said...

I used to get little flashes of "Big" and "Small" when I was praying. I know it sounds sort of strange, and I can't explain it properly, but I got the impression that it was the Holy Spirit, impressing the comparison of His hugeness and my littleness. It was so profound to me. Any how, I appreciate what you were saying about "small" and "big", and "perspective". It amazes me that the very hairs on our head are numbered by Him and not one sparrow falls to the ground without His knowledge, so great is the detail of His knowledge, and to think He knows us and loves us; wow...Yes, more of Him, less of me. I always appreciate your "perspective", and the scriptures you share, they always encourage me.

Love and Blessings,
Pam

Camille said...

Pam ~ How lovely it is to read of your insights into these matters my friend...thank you for sharing your heart here. And, thank you for your sweet encouragement. You bless my heart. Hugs to you! Love, Camille