January 18, 2012

Burnaby Village Museum

Burnaby Village Museum
is a local family favourite.
Especially at Christmas.
Decorated and lit up for the Season,
it is magical.

A re-created early 1900's
town with authentic buildings
and volunteers in period costume ~
It's a little like
stepping back in time.

In the evenings leading
up to Christmas, there are activities
and extra special things for families to enjoy.

We found ourselves there
one evening a few days before Christmas.


Our first stop?
The Carousel. :)
Calvin was my photographer ~
he chose not to ride.


A recent addition to the museum is
a beautiful, completely restored
Interurban Tram Car ~
From the era before most owned their
own transportation.
My Dad rode on one of these
as a young boy growing up in Vancouver.
(A little slice of personal history).

Did they look as nice as this back then Dad? :)


Here's a portion of the *main street*
with Howie and Fraser facing the camera.
I'm at the far left in this shot and
Emma is running toward me...
we're a little blurred ~
See us? :)


My Sweetie and me! :)


Thank you Calvin for taking
the photos!
It's tempting to stop
bringing my camera along with
me to things like this.
But then I remember that
it's necessary.
Often the photographer
gets left out of the pictures! :(

Next time it's my turn Calvin. XO

What are some of your family favourites?
Do you have special places you like
to visit during Christmas?

Please share!

Many Blessings,
Camille

9 comments:

Intentional Living Homestead said...

We too love Burnaby Village...I love the Purple House (if it's still painted that color--I think it has yellow as well.

I opt NOT to do the carousel as I would have motion sickness.

I could walk through that place for hours...would love to live there as well...LOL.

I had no idea though all the Christmas festivities...will definitely be on the list for next year...Lord willing.

Blessings,
Connie

Jill said...

Wonderful pictures Camille! Great to see you in front of the camera! Have a great evening! Hope all is well.

Blessings,
Jill

Nadine said...

Great family photos...it looks like you all had a wonderful time together!

Blessings!
~Nadine

Patty said...

Family outings are so special. Looks like an enjoyable time.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

That place looks like something our family would LOVE to visit. So glad you have a place like that close. Our family tradition is to go to the Living Nativity and the English Country Christmas Dance. So much fun!

Tami said...

Aw, LOVE seeing photos of you and your sweet family! What a neat place you get to visit! We've moved so much over the years that we don't have a traditional place to visit over the holidays, but we do enjoy driving around and looking at all the Christmas lights. Every place we've been has those! Go figure! :o)

It's always good to visit here, Camille!
Love from NM -
Tami

Camille said...

Dear Connie ~ Oh it is magical at Christmas! I hope you all give it a try next year. The last two weeks of December is when it all happens...each evening. :)

Dear Jill ~ Thank you! Welcome home from your Disney trip! I am sure it was fun. :)

Dear Nadine ~ It was a lovely time....thank you! Aren't these times such a blessing? :)

Dear Patty ~ Thank you my friend. Yes, it was a special time together. God is Good. :)

Dear Jackie ~ Your living nativity looks like such an amazing thing to do...I enjoyed your post on that! :)

Dear Tami ~ OH looking at lights is a wonderful tradition too...and yes, it can be done anywhere! What a blessing! :)

Blessings to you all!
In HIS Love,
Camille

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Carousels are fun. There's one half hour drive from us. All the horses are wood, carved by local people. It's been a few years since I've gone there. Maybe will take the grandchildren one of these days! Melody would have fun! It's fun looking at the big tree at the mall every year and in the past we've driven around to see Christmas lights up in the neighborhood. We saw some when we go on our walks as well. You should take your camera with you on outings so you can record for memories sake! Hugs!

Camille said...

Dear Becky ~ How wonderful that you have a carousel to take your little Melody to. I'm sure it will offer lovely photo opportunities when you do! As for the camera...I do take it along, but I have SO many photographers in this family that it isn't always necessary any more. :)

Many Blessings,
Camille