December 1, 2016

Missing Austin ~ 3.5 Years

We miss our Austin.  No one and nothing will alter that fact.
We will miss him until we are reunited in Heaven.
It hardly seems possible that we have been physically separated that long.

Sometimes it seems longer and at other times, shorter.
It's a difficult thing to process and to explain.


We continue to talk to ourselves and fill up our hearts with truth.
The truth of where he is and what he is experiencing.
The Bible tells us that we cannot even imagine how amazing it is!
We are so happy for our son.  We are thankful for the reality that is his.


But, we miss having him here with us.  
His smile, his presence, his voice.


Our other three are growing up and catching up.
Both Calvin and Fraser have passed Austin in height.
It's a bittersweet thing to witness the two boys together
without their big brother in the mix.  It hurts.

Emma is becoming a woman.  She was a still a girl
when her big brother was called home to Heaven.


The rawness of the grief is gone.  The sting of it has dulled.
In its place is an undercurrent of reflective sadness mingled with expectant hope.
We are altered because of the experience.  We trust it has been for the good.
It has made us slow down more and take stock more and be still more.

Things and stuff and experiences matter less.  People matter more.
Eternal things matter most.  So, we seek to share the good news of
our Saviour to all who will listen as the opportunities arise.



The days and moments we are given are gifts.
What we do with our time here matters.
Before long, our life here will be complete.
And in the end, the eternal things will be all that remain.



So, we reflect and we remember.  And, we press on.
We put one foot in front of the other ~ step by step, we move forward.
We carry precious memories with us.  And, we make new ones.
God is faithful to carry us and to give all that we stand in need of.

We serve the same great God our Austin serves.
We seek to praise Him as our Austin is continually doing.
One day, our journey here will be done,
and the Lord will call us home to Heaven, too.

Until then, we are seeking to follow wherever He leads.
And, to serve our Saviour as long as He has us here.
By His grace and for His glory.  Alone.

With Love,
Camille

**All images in this post are from Austin's little years.

12 comments:

Nikki said...

So sad with you but thankful that someday you will be reunited with him again.

Anonymous said...

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Rev 21:4
We wait for that great and glorious day!!
Thank you for this, for the hope that the rawness does get less. But your right the missing is forever until God calls us home!! We cling to Him!! Sending prayers and hugs!! Leah K.

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

Sweet photos with memories of your life with Austin and how life is now. I'm so thankful for the promise of heaven. I know we'll all be there some day praising and worshiping our Lord God. Looking forward to seeing my parents and friends again. Thanks for sharing your faith walk. Hugs.

Down On The Farm said...

Isn't it amazing that God has created a place where there will be no more parting? No tears. No death. No sin. No worries. Just Him. And He is enough. When I was younger and I heard people I thought were "old" say they couldn't wait to get to heaven, I thought they were crazy. There was so much of this world I wanted to enjoy and experience. The older I get, the more I understand what they meant. Austin is already in heaven. He is experiencing what we can only try to imagine. He now knows that Jesus is enough, and that this world we all try to hold on to so tightly, was so empty. I am thankful for the Hope we have in our Lord.

Hopes Handcrafts said...

Dearest Camille - its been awhile since I was here but glad I stopped in to see how you are. I have no suitable words just want to encourage you by saying how much I admire your faith. As a child of God we know we are never alone in our sadness and pain...but sometimes it's hard not to be engulfed in those emotions of loss. To not get angry at God for our loss and pain, and to continue to live despite it. Anyway, know that your experiences have touched people (me!)... your strength and graciousness is a witness to others.

Love and prayers,
from Julia xo

Linda said...

Dearest Camille,
Your faith is truly inspiring and encouraging. Tears filled my eyes as I read your sweet memories of Austin. Thank you for sharing your heart with us.
May God bless you and you are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Linda.💓

Camille said...

Nikki ~ Thank you, sweet friend. How good and gracious the Lord is to us as His people! Hugs to you. :)

Leah ~ How lovely it is to hear from you! Yes, the rawness does subside and the Lord is the best source of comfort and peace. May you know His loving hand upon you every step of the way. Thank you for your prayers....I am praying for you and your family today. Hugs! :)

Becky ~ What a wonderful blessing to know that the Lord is the One Who is preparing a place for all those who belong to Him....what a precious Hope we have in Him! Thank you for your sweet encouragement. Hugs to you! :)

Robbin ~ I remember thinking the same things as you. It is interesting how the longer we live the more precious eternal things become. What a sweet blessing it is to belong to our wonderful Saviour. Hugs! :)

Julia ~ How lovely it is to hear from you! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words. Sending hugs across the miles to you! :)

Linda ~ Thank you for your sweet encouragement my friend....you are a blessing to my heart. Hugs to you! :)

With Love,
Camille

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

What a precious post with these sweet pictures of Austin. He truly was a gorgeous child. Brings tears to my eyes. I tell you, I sure view moments with my children in a different light as I've witnessed your journey these past 3 1/2 years. Love you guys and I'm praying God will continue to be your comfort and perfect peace as you move along through this life without Austin. So thankful that you know where he is and how amazing his new life is with Christ!

Camille said...

Jackie ~ Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words my friend....you are a sweet blessing to my heart. We are so thankful that the Lord gave us our Austin here for those 18 years, and that we have him still....just not with us in this life. What a precious hope we have in our Saviour!! Hug those precious children of yours and enjoy each day the Lord gives....they truly are gifts. I know you know it....hugs to you!! With Love, Camille xo

Katy said...

Thanks be to God for your beautiful faith, strength and hope! You are a fantastic witness to the love of Christ. xoxo

Esther said...

Austin has been on my mind much this morning. My heart hurts for you my friend. I miss seeing his smiling face. Just to let you know that we are thinking of him and missing him too and that we are praying for you and your family.

Camille said...

Katy ~ Thank you for your kind words my friend. The Lord is so very, very good to us, isn't He? Hugs to you! :)

Esther ~ Thank you SO much....it is such a sweet blessing to my heart that you remember our Austin. Thank you for your prayers....we are so thankful to belong to the Family of our Great God. Much Love to you! :)

With Love,
Camille