September 8, 2009

School Begins...

Looking from the corner of the room 
where my exercise bike is toward my desk...


Looking back the opposite way toward the bike...


Looking from my desk toward the window...


View from the door looking into the room...all four kids in one shot here! 
**FYI...the blackboard with chalk writing on it says 
"the original ice cream bar", but all you see is "bar" with a price...
thought I'd like to clarify. :)


Well, here is where we "do school" for the most part. 
Sometimes things do go on in other areas of the house...
most notably, the kitchen table, but most of the formal learning takes place here. 
We are thankful that the Lord provided a room where we 
can have desks and keep things organized for our school tasks.

In the "pre-homeschool" days my homeschool friends would come over 
and see the "play room" and comment on how perfect it was for a school room! 
"Well," thought I, "that will never be required in our home.
The Lord is not going to ask me to school my children at home."

Hmmmmm...ever think something will never happen to you? 
The Lord is infinitely good and leads us so gently along, doesn't He? 
We are so thankful now that He has given us this wonderful opportunity
and we joyfully (usually) have taken it on. 
Whatever your school situation looks like for 
your family this year, may He bless you in it!

Many Blessings,
Camille

6 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

You are way more organized than me! We are all around the kitchen table. Expect today, I took my first grader into the bedroom with the baby so we could do our reading in a quiet place. It was lovely!

Camille said...

No worries...we all do things differently and that's OK! I cannot function without being organized which sometimes can be a liability! Enjoy those special moments in the "out of the ordinary" places...wherever the Lord has us is where we can honour Him!
Blessings,
Camille

Wanting What I Have said...

LOVE this post! Especially your comment at the bottom about never needing that "playroom" for a "schoolroom." I KNOW how you feel! (Except we're converting my office, instead of the playroom.) :)

Camille said...

J ~ Is it TRUE??? Are you really beginning the journey?? I just read today on your blog about Kindergarten for your little girl...I was feeling badly that I had been gently prodding you in the direction of home educating...I thought the jury was still out on that one.

Anyway, when are you planning to begin?? How thrilling! You will never regret it!

If I misunderstood you here...please know that we are so aware of the difficulties you face as you decide what is best for your family.

We were 100% for public school (before having children), then thought Private Christian school was the way to go...which is what we did for six years of schooling for our children.

God gently led us along to where we are today. He NEVER gives any of us more than we can bear. AND often we wonder why we didn't begin sooner. BUT God's timing is absolutely perfect and He will give the grace needed day by day.

I will pray for you!
In Him,
Camille

Heather said...

Camille, I had never seen this post. What a great school area! Molly and I were looking for posts of Emma after we read your comment about them being alike :)
Have a great day!
Love, Heather

Camille said...

Dear Heather ~ It would be fun for our girls to meet one day wouldn't it? I bet they would have a great time together. May you have a lovely day too! :)

Love,
Camille