September 30, 2010

Feeling Overwhelmed?

Too much to do?
Too many commitments?
Where can we find help
at such times
?


I've been there.
I'll likely be there again.
We do not need to give up in despair ~
There is something that can be done!

SLOW DOWN...

B.R.E.A.T.H.E.

Refocus on those things that REALLY matter.
It may be helpful to write it all down.

A list, perhaps?
Just point form ~
things that *must* be done.

Then prayerfully consider the list.
What can be crossed off?
You may find that the bare basics
are all that are left.
It may be that in this season all that can be
handled are the bare basics.

And that is O.K.A.Y.

God calls us to be faithful.
But to what?

To the things we've "signed up for"?
The things others expect of us?
The things we expect of ourselves?
Or to HIM?
And to HIS calling on our lives?


Just Do the Next Thing.
But be sure that *next* thing
is in line with what HE desires.

Certainly, if you are the Mom of any
little people...the next thing may be to
feed them, bathe them, read to them...

You will know what it is.
I will too.

Wait on the LORD first thing in the morning.
Lay out the day before HIM.
And the LIST.

Pray for wisdom to know what you should try to
accomplish that day.
If it's *just* feeding, clothing and caring for
the little people (spiritually as well as physically)~
That is enough.

Your work is noble.

It is a high calling to raise up the next generation.
For they will raise up the next generation.
Who will in turn raise up the next...
Are you beginning to see the picture?

Are we raising them up for HIM?

Susannah Wesley was a great example of a
Mother who had this higher vision.
Why do we know about her?
Because of her children...
And her God!

For an honest look from a precious friend of mine
(who is the mother of eight children) ~
Please Click Here.

Only click on the link provided
if you want to be challenged to do what is right!
But...I would HIGHLY encourage you to ~
I don't think you will regret it...she is so
sweet and loving about it! :)


May the LORD bless you each in your homes!
In His Love,
Camille

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Camille, Great reminders and thoughts today! Sometimes I feel the push and pull and when I do the stress creeps in. I just need to remember to take it to God and prayerfully consider what IS the next thing He desires for me to do.

His bondservant said...

Camille,

Great post. I have had to evaluate my time commitments over and over again! Being sick has actually helped me to focus on the things that are truly most important. Sometimes it seems that in the valleys, our greatest teaching comes.

Blessings to you my dear blogger friend!
Jackie

Camille said...

Dear Jenn ~ Yes, take it to the LORD and seek HIM for direction. HE is faithful to lead us and never gives more than we can bear! How thankful I am for that!! :)

Dear Jackie ~ I agree...it is through times of testing that we learn the most. God is so good to us to lead us step by step. How I feel for you in this time of trial...may the LORD give you daily all you need. We will continue to remember you in prayer. :)

Blessings to you both!
In His Love,
Camille

Cinnamon said...

Camille, I love living in the "back to basics" zone!! So peaceful and God directed there. I can always tell when I've left that special place because my voice gets louder and louder :-0

I tried to click on your friends link, a multitude of mercies, but the computer kept saying there was malware there? Not sure why. I will have to try again another time.

~Cinnamon

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Amen! I have prayed over my "list" many times. This has been the best year yet. More relaxing and way less rushing around.

Camille said...

Dear Cinnamon ~ You make me smile...may the LORD keep us all walking in HIS ways! About the link...I just clicked through to check it...but I will redo it just in case. It is so worthy of a read...such timely words for me! :)

Dear Stacie ~ Ah, yes...less rushing around! Isn't it a good thing? I'm glad to read that your year has been the best yet...that's wonderful! :)

With Love to you both!
Blessings,
Camille

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

What a wonderful post, Camille! The new schedule I'm on is really helping me with all this. But as you well know, schedules need to be somewhat flexible. I'm trying to give myself grace when I don't get everything on my to-do-list done. I need to take that list to the Lord and ask Him to show me what HAS to be done. Thanks for the inspiration! I love you so much, girl!

Camille said...

Dear Jackie ~ You have warmed my heart today with your visit...thank you for your encouraging words! :) Ah, yes, the "schedule" must be flexible and include grace...for sure!! It is so freeing when you have it in its proper place...it is meant to be a help to us. May the LORD help us all to seek HIM for wisdom to know what we ought to be doing each day.

Blessings to you!
In His Love,
Camille

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands said...

Dear Camille,
Your posts have so much of the Lord written all over them. I can tell by your words that you are a woman, wife mother and daughter of the King. You spend time early seeking His will for your day. I know this is a discipline and not a feeling. He does speak through you, he uses your wisdom in powerful ways. God bless you my friend...
(((Hugs)))
Virginia

Dianna said...

Thank you so much, Camille, for this post of wisdom you've shared here. I am in the process of doing the very thing you have spoken of here! While I don't have little ones to care for, I do have my sweet husband to love and care for...I love your words "your work is noble"...truly when we care for our family in the Biblical way it is a noble work!

Camille said...

Dear Virginia ~ Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement...may the LORD be glorified! It is ALL of HIM...any good in me is because HE has done it! I fail often and am very conscious of my lack of discipline and faithfulness. What a wonder it is that the LORD picks me up and gives me a fresh beginning ~ how precious our dear Saviour is!!

Dear Dianna ~ Yes, our work in our homes IS noble and a high calling of the LORD. Even without little ones at home, there are many other avenues of service to others that we can offer from our homes ~ and it can all be done for HIS glory!

Blessings to you both!
In His Love,
Camille