October 21, 2013

Making Messes

I'm at it again.  Making messes.
It seems to be something I'm good at.  
Unfortunately.

We live in an older home ~ 40+ years.
With that territory comes the need for tweaking
and re-doing and upgrading ~ multiple times, it seems.
Things break.  They wear out.  They get used up.
Boys live here.  'Nuff said.  :)


The boys' room wasn't on my radar.

However, not long ago something in the closet caught my attention.
And, before we knew it, the closet was emptied and gutted.
Then, I enlisted my Dad to come and help out.
He built all new shelving and supports ~ all to my specs.  
Tomorrow, he plans to hang the doors.

Thank you SO much, Dad!  :)



Tackling the closet led to moving all the furniture 
(except the bed) out so the carpet could be cleaned.
Where did all that stuff end up?  
In Howie's office, down the hall, and in the mud room.

Like I said before ~ It's a mess.
My poor Sweetie.  


All of these things led to my brilliant idea to strip the walls of the
posters of planes and hockey guys and the world map.
Those wall embellishments left behind a gazillion holes that required filling.
My sweet husband did the job for me ~ Thank you my love!  :)
All that filling has left me with walls to paint.

It's how it goes.


So, we are in a mess.  But, it's a work in progress.
The plan is to be done by the end of the week.
Anyone out there willing to cheer me on?
Encouragement in a situation like this is always welcomed ~ LOL!


It will be a little quiet in this space while 
this project is being completed.
Happy week to you all!

With Love,
Camille

14 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

You go girl!!! I can't wait to see the finished project!!! :)

Dianna said...

I will gladly cheer you on, my friend! You can do this and have everything back in place by the week's end. :-) I love the picture of you! :-) So Cute! xo

Maryann said...

I can't tell you how many projects have started by me noticing one little thing (a loose piece of wallpaper, a bubble in the ceiling...that one was a huge mess, the "bubble" was caused by moisture) it starts out so innocently. Just think of the lovely room and closet you will have when you are done. The mess will all be worth it. Blessings my friend

Cinnamon said...

It must feel good to have it all out of the room and getting work done. It will look wonderful when you are done!! Good job :-)

~Cinnamon

Heather said...

Camille! It's going to be fabulous! I was thinking... you should blow up some of those great action shots of the boys in black and white for their room. Obviously, I can't see the whole thing and perhaps you already have this, but just a thought! Can't wait to see the pics! Have fun!

Lisa said...

Holy cow! You rock!! I always hate that in-between stage while working on projects {since I am known to make quite the mess as well :) Haha!} but I can't wait to see the "after" pictures! I'm sure it will be SO beautiful!!

Angela said...

I'm sure you can do it Camille!!! The closet looks great. Isn't it ironic that in the work of organizing, cleaning, updating, messes need to be made first. Makes me think that sometimes we need to "become messes" before God can make us new. Have fun!

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

The closet work looks good! And painting, I hear that alot at the hardware store where I work. Many people don't like to paint. I don't either but I like the end result. Of course, paint is hard, what do you think the first 4 letters of the word are? PAIN! Ha! It will look great and you will enjoy it all when it's done. Go for it! Enjoy it, go, Camille! :0-

Patty said...

I understand the need to be motivated as we are in the middle (or maybe still toward the beginning) of a painting project also. Just think of how wonderful it will all be when you are finished! Looking forward!

Jennifer Jo said...

VERY impressive---GO, GO, GO!!!

Lois said...

Cheering you from west Texas! And when you finish your mess, you may come and clean up ours. We've been remodeling a bathroom for about 3 years, and hopefully the kitchen faucet will be replaced TOMORROW. I broke it, but I didn't mean to! I'm sure your mess will clean up much prettier than ours.

Camille said...

Jennifer ~ Before I saw who it was that left a comment I guessed it would be you! I know these things are right up your alley. Thank you for the encouragement. :)

Dianna ~ Thank you my friend. It's all back in place! You bless my heart. :)

Maryann ~ Oh, it's how it goes, isn't it? I suppose that's why there is always a project looming around here....I notice too many things! :)

Cinnamon ~ Thank you for cheering me on. Yes, I love working in an empty space...so much easier! :)

Heather ~ Thank you for the idea...it's a good one. However, we are thinking of getting a photo taken by Calvin blown up and framed for the wall. We'll see. Thanks for the encouraging words. :)

Lisa ~ Oh, how easy it is to make a mess! You are a sweet encouragement to my heart...thank you! :)

Angela ~ Great analogy my friend! Yes, we certainly are messy without the Lord! How Good He is!! :)

Becky ~ LOL! Pain?! That's a good one. Yes, sometimes it is...especially when it lands on the carpet. Ugh. :)

Patty ~ Oh, hang in there with your project as well! You will be pleased you did it when it's done. :)

Jennifer Jo ~ I've gone...gone...gone. Thank you for cheering me on. :)

Lois ~ Ah...I think I'll take a pass on that mess of yours! LOL! I hope you get it all sorted out soon. Hang in there! :)

Many Blessings,
Camille

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Ah, this is what I will be doing in late November. You're inspiring me, Camille!

Camille said...

Jackie ~ I'll cheer you on my friend! What an exciting adventure you are embarking on. :)

Love,
Camille