Eternity is what really matters and where I will spend it.
Do you know for certain where you will spend eternity?
This life is not all there is.
REAL life comes after this one.
Our days here are very short...
even the longest of earthly lives are but a vapor.
Eternity is FOREVER.
My list of thanks this week documents some of the reminders
that this is not my HOME and I am not my own.
I belong to HIM.
HE can do with me exactly as HE pleases.
I exist to bring GLORY to HIM.
So in the imperfections of life I see beauty.
In Heaven nothing will be marred.
All will be forever PERFECT.
What a GLORIOUS thought!
There is beauty to be found in the imperfect ~
it is a blessing to enjoy this day regardless of what is
"unfinished" or "needs fixing".
The days are fleeting and the truly IMPORTANT things
often go unnoticed unless we really SEE!
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth,
where moth and rust doth corrupt,
and where thieves break through and steal:
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven,
where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt,
and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
496. Laundry collecting just as the bins are emptied
497. Broken glass in the sink ~ Casualties of hand washing...
498. Imperfect garden beds ~
Yes...you do see recycling in the mix...Emma seizes them from the bin for play.
FYI ~ The jug looking thing is an empty Maple Syrup bottle...oh YUM!
499. Little-boy-chewed guard rail on the bunkbed
500. Tear in the linoleum ~ my feeble attempt at installation
501. Missing doorknob on the front door ~ that would be the inside! :)
502. Broken and glued "treasures"
503. Mildew growing in the caulking
504. Dust that collects
505. "Dings" in the laminate
506. Warped laminate from the time the dishwasher had a leak
507. Scuffs on the wall
508. Mud that is tracked in
509. Tears in favourite articles of clothing
510. Stains that won't come out
511. Broken dishwasher
512. Chips out of the edges of the kitchen doors
(not installed that long ago!)
513. Betsy's broken door
514. Unfinished bedroom
515. Trim that isn't painted
517. Grey hairs
518. Old injuries that resurface every now and then
519. Beginnings of arthritis in the fingers
520. Shifting teeth in spite of long-ago braces
522. Sun-faded furniture
523. Congenitally missing teeth in two of our children
524. Chipped dishes
525. Five colds on our holiday
Find the inspiration for this post here.