May 23, 2011

Chocolatey Scrumptiousness

For a very long time I have had my eye
on an ice cream attachment for my
KitchenAid mixer.

There were a few promises that
had to be made before I could go
ahead and order it.

One of those promises
was that I would faithfully
use the juicer that
I had said would NOT
collect dust in the closet.
In reality,
it has tended to do just that.

Until recently.

Carrot Apple juice
is faithfully
being produced.

Twice per week.


For Mother's Day, the children
contributed towards the purchase of
the desired ice cream attachment with
Howie making up the difference.

It just arrived.

And I've made
ice cream twice.

Rich.
Creamy.
Chocolatey.
Delicious.


As a teenager I worked in a
Baskin Robbins ice cream store.
It spoiled me for life.
Only the *good* stuff will do.
*Regular* ice cream just does not
measure up.

If you know anything about
Baskin Robbins ice cream,
you will probably know about their
Chocolate Mousse Royale flavour.

This would rival that.
In actuality,
I think it surpasses it.

Oh. Dear. Me.!!!


We now have no
need of Baskin Robbins.
This recipe fits the bill ~

P.E.R.F.E.C.T.L.Y.


I pay attention when Jennifer Jo
recommends a recipe.
The ones I have tried have
not failed.
And this was no exception.

Click here to get to the
post where she shares the recipe.
Scroll to the bottom of her post
to get to the necessary information.

You will not be sorry you did.


Proceed with caution...
And be sure to share! :)

Many Blessings,
Camille

**What to do with the leftover Egg Whites?
Just substitute two per each egg called for
in any recipe you make in the next few days.
Freeze the egg whites if you won't be using
them for awhile. Or...just use them to
make scrambled eggs.
But, whatever you do...
don't throw them away! :)

14 comments:

Nadine said...

That looks delicious! Chocolate Mousse Royale is one of my favorite flavors at B&R! :)
Have fun making ice cream this summer!

Blessings!
~Nadine

Camille said...

Dear Nadine ~ Maybe you can come by sometime and I will serve you some...you are always welcome. :)

Blessings,
Camille

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

There is a Baskin Robbins ice cream shop in our nearest city - it has only arrived recently but my goodness we went there and realized that we would have to remortgage the house to pay for ice creams for all the family so as of yet, have not tried their ice cream! Will have to wait until it is just a husband and wife date night to try that flavour! Oh and have you seen how Jamie Oliver creates a simple ice cream dessert by rolling scoops of ice cream in crushed up nutty chocolate bars? I am thinking ferrero rocher - our local gelato bar sells this flavour. It is incredible ice cream all handmade on the premises so will have to see if BR matches up. I have an ice cream maker - I know it is winter but I am going to check out that recipe!

Lady Farmer said...

Ok! I am getting that attachment for my kitchen aid! I talked with a friend from Michigan this week and she was telling me about hers. Now you, too! I. LOVE. ICE CREAM.!!! Especially chocolate (cuz ~ hey ~ if it isn't chocolate, it isn't desert, right?!) *smile*
Thanks for sharing, Camille! My waist and hips thank you too!
Blessings!

Jennifer Jo said...

I'm so glad you liked it! And that you have an ice cream attachment---yay!

I don't know if I've ever had Baskin Robbins (gasp), but it sounds like a nice experience.

Lois said...

I vote for an all ice cream dinner. Appetizer: carrot apple ice cream. Main course, mashed potato and roast beef ice cream, followed by scrumptious chocolate mousse royale. Oh yeah, I'm on my way north! (Here in TX I bypassed a novel opportunity to sample something jalepeno ice cream.)

Wanting What I Have said...

OH Camille! This looks DIVINE!!! Soooo good!

What to do with the leftover egg whites? Make meringue shells to serve your ice cream atop! They are soooo good. A childhood favorite of mine! :)

Camille said...

Dear Ann ~Oh yes, Baskin Robbins ice cream is very expensive! Back in the *day* when I sold it for 85 cents a scoop people complained of the price. The reason behind that is that they use *real* ingredients...and, as you know, real food costs. Do make a date night of it...Praline's and Cream is my other favourite. Do enjoy! :)

Dear Raeann ~ I am sure you will love it...and it's soooo easy to use! Make sure that the bowl is frozen (deep freeze is best) and your batter is well chilled...you can't go wrong. :)

Dear Jennifer Jo ~ Thank you for stopping by...very sweet of you. :) Your recipe reminded me of Baskin Robbins...if you ever get a chance to try it I'm sure you will agree.

Dear Lois ~ LOL! Oh yes...I'll join you! But, I think I will skip the mashed potato and roast beef flavour and just go right to the chocolate. ;-)

Dear Jennifer ~ Yes, meringue shells would be a great use for those leftover whites...good idea. :)

Many blessings,
Camille

American Home said...

It looks and sounds wonderful. I have never heard of the ice cream attachment. I must check into this.

God Bless,
Donna

Sandy said...

Dear Camille,
What a great treat! Homemade ice-cream, I've yet to give this one a try! It looked soooo yummy!!
We are back from our vacation, thank God for a wonderful and relaxing time. We'll definitely share our experiences with you the next time we meet.
In Christ's Love,
Sandy

Chelle said...

Looks really yummy. ice cream is my favorite.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Oh wow! That looks simply delicious. We both must have ice cream on the brain. I just reposted my ice cream recipes with a few additional recipes, including the new lemon ice cream I just made. We love ice cream!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

BTW, LOVE my Kitchen Aid ice cream attachement, too. So glad you were blessed to get one!

Camille said...

Dear Donna ~ Oh yes...you must!! Especially in the hot climate you live in...your family will love it. :)

Dear Sandy ~ When you come for a BBQ we will have to share some homemade ice cream with you! :) I'm so pleased that your holiday was so wonderful...welcome home!!

Dear Chelle ~ Oh it's super duper yummy! I am an ice cream person...is it obvious? ;-)

Dear Jackie ~ Thank you for being happy for me my friend! I will have to check out your recipes...yum yum! :)

Many blessings,
Camille