October 23, 2009

(Nearly) Flourless Chocolate Cake

You will not believe how amazing this is until you try it!!
It really is too good for words and so very simple to make!!



~ (Nearly) Flourless Chocolate Cake ~
What you need:

7 oz. bittersweet chocolate squares
3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp butter (1 and 3/4 sticks butter)
1 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
5 large eggs
1 Tbsp flour


What you do:

Line an 8" springform pan with parchment paper and butter the sides of the pan 
(9" pan will work too) and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt chocolate and butter over very low heat so as not to burn the chocolate!
(You just barely want this to be melted together and smooth).
Stir in the sugar and mix well. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.  Add the flour and stir well.
All the above can be done in the pan you melted the chocolate in...
and use a wire whisk to mix it together...it is so incredibly easy!


Pour batter in pan and bake for 25 min. The centre of the cake should be just barely set. 
Take out and set on cooling rack for 15 min. Once the 15 minutes is up, 
remove the sides of the springform pan (loosen sides of cake from pan with a knife) 
and then turn it upside-down on a parchment-lined plate.
Now the cake will be upside-down.
Remove the parchment paper from the bottom of the cake. 
Place the serving plate on the exposed bottom of the cake and turn it over. 
Remove the plate and parchment paper from the top of the cake. 

Voila! You are a master chef. :)


Cool completely before serving. 
Serve with sweetened whipped cream and raspberry sauce.

~ Raspberry Sauce ~

Simmer enough raspberries to get 2 cups of juice when strained through cheesecloth. 
Cool. Mix 1/4 cup of corn starch into the cooled juice in a small pot.
Stir well with a wire whisk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, 
then simmer for two more minutes.
Add in the juice of one lemon (fresh squeezed) and honey to taste...
it should still be a bit tart to compensate for the richness of the chocolate.

This is crazy good!! I served a piece to my husband and children one Sunday recently, 
and we had half the cake left over. I promptly FROZE it so I would not EAT it for breakfast 
(and lunch...and dinner) the next day.  I hope you like it as much as we do. :)

Refrigerate or freeze the leftovers. If you freeze, 
wrap it well and when it comes time to thaw, 
let it sit in the wrapping at room temperature for a full 24 hours.

Many Blessings, Camille


**Quite some time ago I searched the internet for a flourless chocolate cake recipe 
and found this one...but now I cannot find the site it came from. 
I have edited the wording and added in the raspberry sauce...which is my own recipe.
If you know where credit is due, please let me know so I can link back.  **

14 comments:

Christa said...

This looks delicious! I will have to try this one. I love chocolate!

Christa

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I made this a few weeks ago, and also made a raspberry sauce from fresh raspberries! I posted about it, so perhaps yous saw it on my blog? For the life of me, I can't remember where I found it, but I have it written down somewhere. This is one of my favorite desserts, and it tastes and looks like it took all day to make! I make mine in a 9" round cake pan, lined with wax paper. Yum!

Camille said...

Hi Christa ~ If you love chocolate you will LOVE this...let me know what you think when you make it! :)

Hi Cindy ~ I found this recipe before I was blogging...maybe we found it in the same place...I googled to find it. My husband and I went to a restaurant this past May and had "flourless chocolate cake" and it was so incredible that I asked for the recipe. Unfortunately, the person who had made it was not available when I asked, so I hunted it down on the internet...THAT's what kind of impression it made! :)

I will go check it out on your blog...funny that you just posted it too! Did any of your friends make it?

Blessings,
Camille

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Camille...I sent the recipe to my daughter in Montana and she has made it several times. In fact, she made it in a brand new pan and gave the whole cake and pan to a new neighbor who had just gotten married the week before! I also serve it with fresh whipped cream. It is so delicious and easy-peasy! I get my chocolate at a discount food store that has had DARK choc. candy bars for .50 each, which really makes this a cheap but decadent dessert!

Camille said...

Hi Again Cindy ~ What a GREAT idea to make it in a new pan and give it all away as your daughter did!!

I'm SO jealous you found such a CHEAP way to make this!! (That's not my story...but it inspires me to hunt down a discount supplier for that chocolate!) You are SO right...it IS decadent and EASY!!

Blessings,
Camille

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

It really does look just so delish! I unfortunately am very sensitive to the caffeine in chocolate so I don't eat very many chocolate type desserts (bummer I know)!

Manuela

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Yum! Next time I get a bunch of eggs, I'm trying this recipe out.

Unknown said...

Yummy! This sounds delicious!

Camille said...

Manuela ~ I am SO sad for you!! :(

Jackie ~ I hope you like it...let me know what you think!

Jenn ~ I'm glad you stopped by...the cake is actually too good for words! :)

Blessings,
Camille

Sharon said...

Oh Camille! You are going to cause me to stumble! (Just kidding) :)
This looks amazing! Hmm, maybe I can make it for my Birthday :)

Thanks again for sharing :)

Have a wonderful day filled with blessings :)

Sharon

Camille said...

Hi Sharon ~ You definitely could have this for a birthday celebration...it think it is going to become one of our favourite birthday cakes...it is SO AMAZING!! You have to be in complete control if it's in the house though! ;-)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Camille

Anonymous said...

I made this for Mike's early birthday, Sunday. It was a big hit. Thanks for sharing, Camille!
♥Susan

Camille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camille said...

Hi Susan! I'm so glad it was such a success...how can it not be?? The kids have been asking me when I will be making your soup...I suppose it will have to be soon...thanks for sharing the recipe! :)
Love,
Camille