February 8, 2010

Fun and Games

We had a special day in our homeschool last Friday. We played the game "Life" and did a few Physics experiments ~ one which made use of our dominoes supply. Calvin and I each took a turn behind the lens of the camera.

If you look closely you will see Austin and Emma at the end of the Domino chain...Emma is lying on her tummy with her feet up behind her.

Photo by Camille



Next two photos by Calvin...




And the game of Life ~ lots of lessons to be learned here!






A fun time was had by all ~ even Mummy!

266. Eternally thankful today for my children and the privilege to have them with me for this brief season!
Might we all slow down to really appreciate what we have.

Many Blessings,
Camille

7 comments:

His bondservant said...

This is one of the things I enjoy most about homeschooling...the ability to make learning fun and to spend time enjoying our children. What a privilege God has given us to be with our children in this way. So glad you all had a great day!

Wanting What I Have said...

Y'all are so fun! I am loving the way y'all are capturing life through the lens. Such a neat perspective.

Camille said...

Jackie ~ Oh we do feel blessed! I am so thankful the Lord put homeschool on our hearts before we missed out entirely! I agree ~ these really are precious days. May God bless you in your homeschool this week! :)

J ~ Having a budding photographer in the home has inspired me to take a few risks and enjoy some adventures with the camera. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Have a lovely week!
In Him,
Camille

Heather said...

Looove your photos! Great perspective. Looks like good times in your house. Have a great week.
Heather

Renee said...

I LOVE Life! My friend and I use to play it about ten times nearly every day for 2 years :p We would always back our cars up on the second go around or so and collect babies. We both were excited about being future moms ;)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I've never played Life, but we are now starting to play Dominoes and Monopoly is a favorite around here as well. Playing games is a great way to homeschoo! Math, reading, critical thinking and so much more are involved in playing these kinds of games. They are learning and they don't even know it!

Camille said...

Heather ~ Thanks for the compliment...it means alot coming from you! I always enjoy your photos. :)

Renee ~ Welcome! Oh yes, being a Mom is a wonderful occupation! :)

Stacie ~ You are right...so much of everyday living gives way to "teaching"...how blessed we are to be able to enjoy it with our children! :)

Blessings,
Camille